Mountain Pass Performance 22-23 Model S Plaid Big Brake Kit (MPP-MS-BBK)
MPP-MS-BBKRegular price $1,690.00
Mountain Pass Performance Big Brake Kit for the 22-23 Model S Plaid significantly increases the rotor cooling, aids with front brake bias, and allows you to push your plaid with confidence.
Mountain Pass Performance's rotors use curved vanes which turn the rotor into an air pump – the faster the wheel rotates, the more cool air is sucked from the inside of the rotor and pumped outwards through the vanes – which increases the cooling capacity of the rotor far above what a standard vane rotor would have. All motorsport and racing rotors use directional curved vanes, and that is the critical difference between the OEM rotors that allow this kit to shed so much more heat.
In addition, these rotors have the OEM pad height so you are not restricted to one pad supplier. Any aftermarket pads will be compatible with our discs.
This big brake kit installs in less than one hour and is fully reversible. The factory caliper’s brake line does not need to be disconnected – the caliper is simply removed, the new rotor installed, and the caliper spacers inserted prior to bolting the new caliper up. Suddenly you have brakes in line with what should have been equipped from the factory.
Note: Note: Brake clearance must be confirmed when using 19″ wheels. OEM 19″ Wheels will not fit. 20″ or 21″ wheels are recommended.
- Massive upgrade to cooling and brake balance
- 400mm diameter vs 380mm OEM rotors
- Lightweight, 4.4lbs lighter each
- Visually stunning two-piece rotor
- Aluminum anodized hat made from US-Sourced 6061-T6
- Directional rotors with curved vanes for optimal cooling
- Made in the USA
- Rotors made by a leading brake supplier with winning experience in the highest level of motorsport
- 19″ Wheels Require Clearance Check – OEM 19’s will not fit