Unplugged Performance 17-23 Model 3 Dual Motor Performance Adjustable Sway Bars (UP-M3-312-3.1)
UNP-UP-M3-312-3.1Regular price $285.00
Unplugged Performance Adjustable Sway Bars for the 2017-2023 Model 3 Dual Motor Performance are an easily felt upgrade to the Model 3’s handling. Body roll will be reduced immediately after installation and you’ll also feel improved chassis balance & tracking. Three easy adjustments front and rear allow fine-tuning to your driving style. Improved high-performance polyurethane bushings included.
Front & Rear Sets are optimized for sizing and extensively tested to work in balance. For maximum performance, we suggest the full paired set. Individual rear sway bar orders include a slightly different spec bar (three-way adjustable as well) that is tested and paired for the factory front sway bar.
Racing & Competition versions are designed for cars with racing slicks and/or extreme use demanding an even larger rear bar. Track testing results will be announced in the future.
Note: SR and SR+ Model 3s will require additional parts as they do not come with a rear sway bar. Parts Needed: 4 M10 1.5X25 Flange Bolts; OEM Endlinks; Part Numbers 1044491-00-E Rear Left 1044496-00-E Rear Right.
Front Sway Bars
- Tesla standard 29mm front sway bar rate: 650 lbs/in
- Unplugged Performance 31.8mm front sway bar rate soft: 740 lbs/in
- Unplugged Performance 31.8mm front sway bar rate medium: 890 lbs/in
- Unplugged Performance 31.8mm front sway bar rate firm: 1075 lbs/in
Rear Sway Bars
- Tesla standard 16mm (19.6mm on Performance) rear sway bar rate: 40 lbs/in
- Unplugged Performance 22.2mm rear sway bar rate soft: 114 lbs/in
- Unplugged Performance 22.2mm rear sway bar rate medium: 130 lbs/in
- Unplugged Performance 22.2mm rear sway bar rate firm: 150 lbs/in
- Racing & Competition sizing exceeds 25mm and the three adjustable bar rates are unpublished but are a significant increase in rate.
- Development driving and optimization by Randy Pobst (Tesla’s track mode driving developer).
- Perfectly paired front/rear as a dialed in kit, backed by real world street and track testing.
- Reduced body roll during cornering improves the driving experience and enhances driver confidence.
- Less body roll means more consistent and improved tire adhesion (contact patch).
- Harder polyurethane (PU) sway bar bushings improve sway response. The bushings deflect less and respond faster, so the roll control is immediate.
- A sport-tuned sway bar upgrade improves chassis balance and generally reduces understeer or “push” in the front suspension.
- Faster steering response and reduced body roll without sacrificing daily comfort or adjusting spring rates.
- Can be enjoyed on a completely stock car, as is (also equally great on fully tuned track cars)
- Firm settings are future-proof and optimized for cars with full slicks and track high downforce aero, soft/medium settings suitable for daily driven cars.