Unplugged Performance 17-23 Model 3 & Model Y UP x PFC Iron BFB Kit (UP-M3MY-317-3.1)
UP-M3MY-317-3.1Regular price $4,395.00
Unplugged Performance UP x PFC Iron BFB Kit for the 2017-2023 Model 3 and Model Y features the same proven calipers from Unplugged's racing winning BFB Superlight Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit, combined with Performance Friction (PFC) built V3 iron rotors, and Unplugged's PFC produced specially designed brake pad compounds for the ultimate iron-rotor big brake kit.
This huge 394mm 6 Piston UP Iron BFB kit fits with Unplugged’s 18″ forged race wheels and can fit some other but not all 18″ forged wheels with high inner barrel clearance (18″ Model 3 stock wheels will not fit). 19″ wheels and above will fit even more easily with less thought needed. Please contact us if any concerns about fitting your car’s wheels.
Performance Friction (PFC) full floating Direct Drive attachment system allows the brake disc to naturally expand/contract both radially and axially without being constrained by the hub. This helps eliminate rotor warping, reduces drag, and eliminates thermal judder vibrations and pulsations. Due to the high quality of PFC’s design and manufacturing, the Direct Drive rotors are completely silent and rattle-free – a trait not typically found in 2-piece designs. PFC custom develops their own proprietary metallurgy for these rotors as well to ensure the longest lifespan and best performance.
- 6-Piston monoblock aluminum big brake caliper set with all necessary hardware
- 394mm x 35mm 15.5″ track-proven Iron Rotors PFC V3 2 piece floating rotor technology
- Veined and scalloped rotor design to minimize weight while maximizing cooling
- Brake pads designed specifically by PFC for UP for use with this kit
- 6061 machined billet aluminum caliper adapter brackets and related installation hardware
- Premium coated German TUV produced stainless steel braided brake lines engineered specifically for Tesla Model 3 and Model Y
- Kit includes all components necessary for installation (high performance brake fluid will need to be supplied by the buyer, and can be purchased at any automotive parts retailer)
- Made from components produced in USA, Italy, and Germany
A NOTE ON BRAKE FLUID & HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVING:
Brake fluid plays a vital role in the performance and reliability of every brake system, especially so in high performance driving. A professional brake bleed with high performance fluid is a requirement for the functionality of our brake system. We recommend using Motul RBF 660 (our go-to fluid) or Endless RF-650 brake fluid. Brake fluid should be flushed frequently for race cars in particular because over time moisture content builds and moisture inherently decreases the temperature limit of the brake fluid.