Unplugged Performance 17-23 Model Y Ascension Rear Carbon Fiber Diffuser with Hitch & Tow Hook Covers (UP-MY-369-1.1)
UP-MY-369-1.1Regular price $2,495.00
Unplugged Performance Ascension Rear Carbon Fiber Diffuser with Hitch and Tow Hook Covers for the 2017-2023 Model Y is a more aggressive and track-focused rear diffuser by maintaining the original design but moving it upward to give the diffuser the visual weight of being much lower than the original diffuser. Unplugged has also created a side profile that also provides a lower visual weighting for the Y to bring the bottom of the rear fascia inline with the side skirts and let the disrupted air from the rear wheel well and tire flow back cleanly around the rear of the vehicle. The included hitch and tow covers keep all the functionality of the stock rear diffuser for towing or track use for a no-compromise upgrade. This is a full replacement rear diffuser, not a stick-on cover.
This package replaces the Lower Rear Fascia 1494006-00-B, Hitch Cover 1494009-00-A, and Tow Cover 1494009-00-B.
- Rear Diffuser (aka Rear Fascia Lower) in Pre-Preg Carbon Fiber
- Rear Tow Hook Cover in Pre-Preg Carbon Fiber
- Rear Hitch Cover in Pre-Preg Carbon Fiber
- This product requires the original Tesla rear reflectors but does NOT include them as we anticipate you will reuse your existing reflectors. If you need to purchase the reflectors due to damage incurred to your vehicle please purchase them (LAMP ASY, REAR REFLEX, LEFT HAND 1495817-00 and/or LAMP ASY, REAR REFLEX, LEFT HAND 1495817-00) as needed before installing.
- Customers worried about potential rock chips in the gloss clear coat are recommended to install paint protection film before installation. There is no warranty on visual damage from rocks or other road debris and the rear fascia is located in an area where they will sustain regular impacts. The original parts are made of plastic in this area to reduce road debris damage. Carbon fiber is much more susceptible to this sort of surface damage. The effectiveness of the diffuser will not be degraded by visual blemishes.
- Due to the height of the Model Y, the effectiveness of any ground effects is largely negated by the ride height. Customers looking to improve the aerodynamic efficiency of the vehicle through this modification may not see significant gains at reasonable ride heights.
- Professional installation is highly recommended.